Computational modelling in food process engineering;Sub/Supercritical fluid extraction;biofuels from microalgae
DST INPSIRE Faculty award (April 2015-March 2020);
Early Career Research Plenary Presentation Award –UKCCSRC, UK, 2013;
Research Fellow at Cranfield University (Jan 2013- March 2015);
Post-Doctoral Fellow at TU Delft University of Technology (Apr 2009- Jan 2012);
Senior Research Fellow of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, India (2005-2009);
Best Paper Presentation Award, Ansys India Conference on Elevating Innovation, October-2007;
Best regular student award in Pondicherry Engineering College, 2002.
1. P.Ranganathan, Savithri, S., Surender, G.D., 2008. CFD modeling of gas-liquid-solid mechanically agitated contactor. Chemical Engineering Research and Design 86, 1331-1334
2. P.Ranganathan., Savithri, S., Surender, G.D., 2009. CFD simulation of hydrodynamics gas-liquid-solid fluidised bed reactor. Chemical Engineering Science 64, 1119-1135.
3. P.Ranganathan, S.Gu, 2016. Computational fluid dynamics modelling of biomass fast pyrolysis in fluidised bed reactors, focusing different kinetic schemes, Bioresource Technology, 213,333-341.
4. P.Ranganathan, J.C.Amal, S.Savithri, Ajith Haridas, 2017.Experimental and Modelling of Arthrospira platensis Cultivation in Open Raceway Ponds, Bioresource Technology, 242,197-205.
5. M.Bello, P.Ranganathan, F.Brennan, 2017. Life Cycle Optimization for Sustainable Algal Biofuel Production Using Integrated Nutrient Recycling Technology, ACS Sustainable Chemistry and Engineering,5, 9869-9880.
6. P.Ranganathan, S.Savithri, 2018. Computaitonal Fluid Dynamics simulation of hydrothermal liquefaction of microalgae in a continuous plug-flow reactor, Bioresource Technology, In press.